rpc: implement websockets with github.com/gorilla/websocket (#19866)
- rpc: implement websockets with github.com/gorilla/websocket
This change makes package rpc use the github.com/gorilla/websocket
package for WebSockets instead of golang.org/x/net/websocket. The new
library is more robust and supports all WebSocket features including
There are new tests for two issues with the previously-used library:
- TestWebsocketClientPing checks handling of Ping frames.
- TestWebsocketLargeCall checks whether the request size limit is applied correctly.
- rpc: raise HTTP/WebSocket request size limit to 5MB
- rpc: remove default origin for client connections
The client used to put the local hostname into the Origin header because
the server wanted an origin to accept the connection, but that's silly:
Origin is for browsers/websites. The nobody would whitelist a particular
Now that the server doesn't need Origin anymore, don't bother setting
one for clients. Users who need an origin can use DialWebsocket to
create a client with arbitrary origin if needed.
- vendor: put golang.org/x/net/websocket back
- rpc: don't set Origin header for empty (default) origin
- rpc: add HTTP status code to handshake error
This makes it easier to debug failing connections.
- ethstats: use github.com/gorilla/websocket
- rpc: fix lint